Saturday, September 10, 2011

Oh blog, how I have missed you.

In a crazy turn of events I was without internet for quite some times. I learned many things in that time: how awesome the internet is, and how bad it was for me. I'm trying not to be on it as much as I used to. It's not good for my sanity. I do value how much easier it is to communicate with people through it though.

I've missed my blog. It's fun to write and an outlet for emotion I can't have anywhere else. I've also realized that I really do have two personalities. One internet, and one in real life. My internet one is the one I prefer. I'm not afraid to say what I think or feel and sometimes I catch my self in real life, because I don't want to hurt someone's feelings, or lose a friend.

I've stopped caring about that. Friends are your friends regardless of differing opinions. They don't just erase you out of their life because you don't agree with something, or because something they said/did hurt your feelings.

I've also realized that I expect a lot out of friends.. and I shouldn't. I imagine everyone would be like me: considerate. Calling/Texting when plans change, or keeping plans, etc. But not everyone does that. Maybe I expect too much and then I let it upset me and hurt my feelings.. I often wonder if it's because I "do unto others as you would have them do unto you." I always let people know when things change, if I'm late I message as soon as I know I'm going to be late.. I try to check in too.. but that could be an outdated practice.

My new resolution. Not to take things to personally either... I tend to do that a lot, and it just gets me depressed.




No comments: