Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Vox Box goodies review :D

So I am finally getting around to writing my review, go me! LOL. I wanted to try a good portion of the products before actually sitting down to write this! I have tried everything, but the ImPress press-on nails, as I'm saving them for a special occasion :) Also, the NYC lip gloss will be in a review all on it's own.

My Holiday vox box was filled with quite a few goodies. You can see the picture post HERE if you want to view it!

I want to review the SoftSoap Coconut Scrub Bar, Montagne Jeunesse Flavored Mask, Mentos Pure Fresh Gum, Larabar Healthy Snack, and Garden Botanika lash primer!

Here's a pic of the products: the Mentos are missing since my husband stole them LOL :D

First, let's discuss the SoftSoap Coconut Scrub Bar. It was typical bar soap, nothing special about it. I used it in the shower and it smelled ok, but left such a weird residue on my skin that I had to rewash with my regular soap and rinse for a few minutes longer than normal. I honestly would never buy it!

The Mentos Gum tasted really fresh and yummy! My husband and I both really like it! It's a little strong at first (which I like) but it does go away relatively quickly, the strong-ness that is!

Larabar fruit and nut bars are actually pretty good. I liked it, and so did my kids (2 and 4). It tastes refreshing, and has good flavor, nothing too grainy.

The next thing I tried was the Montagne Jeunesse Flavored Mask. I wouldn't actually eat it, LOL. But mine smelled so yummy! It was the strawberry souffle one and it smelled like fresh strawberries. I followed package instructions and put it on my face, and let it sit for 20 minutes. It dried, felt a little tingly, and once washed off my face felt smoother. It was nice and relaxing. It's also fun when the mask dries and you can barely talk. (My sister called me while it was on, *that* was funny! haha! I may not have put enough of it on my face, but it still worked. I would definitely buy this product!



The last item I tried was the Garden Botanika lash primer, I was a little skeptical that it would work since I have never used a lash primer before. I was pleasantly surprised at how well it works. It boasts that it will make lashes longer, and it really helped make them longer and more defined. I hope the pictures show it well enough!

tubing:

No primer:

Primer:




and while I haven't tried the press-on nails I LOVE the packaging! It's too adorable :) I hope they work as well as the commercial say they do!


No comments: