Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Breast is Best

I just do not understand why so many people are against breastfeeding? It is the best source of nutrition for an infant. It is great bonding. It helps the mother lose weight. It is free. There are so many benefits, I wish more and more people would realise that.

I also do not understand why nursing in public is such a big deal. So many women get criticised and put down for nursing in public. We have to deal with people telling us to cover our babies heads, to do go to the bathroom and even threatening to kick us out of their establishments. Why? Breasts are meant to feed our children,society made them sexual.

My response to those people usually is "you eat with a blanket over your head and then we will talk." I just do not get it. Bathrooms for one thing are disgusting. They are not clean. I would never grab a plate and eat while sitting on the toilet, why should my daughter have to? Besides the law protects nursing mothers. If you do not like it do not look!

No comments: